Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a singer steam press 7 which is used infrequently.

I have a singer steam press 7 which is used infrequently. I took it out to use recently and when I plugged it in and turned it on it blew the fuse box. I have had the plug checked, changed the fuse, removed the back plate but nothing obvious is showing. Where can I get it serviced in the uk?- I live near Cardiff.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I am willing to wait. I was surprised that I could not find a Singer Service Centre. Good luck,
Barbara
Happy Christmas
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Barbara, the last tech couldn't provide any further info for you but I can ;_) That is more than likely a shorted heating element, NOT a really expensive fix but an inexpensive part. Most Vacuum cleaner repair shops local to you can fix this as they do sewing machines and even steam units;-)Let me knwo if you have one that will fix this for you as its not really suited to attempt without experience.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice night Barbara!Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.