Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Trying to change transformer but NO IDEA where it is... Behind

Customer Question

Trying to change transformer but NO IDEA where it is... Behind the switches?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
As you remove the filters and look up straight ahead there is an oblong metal box.. The transformer is in there. It is not an easy task to change it and would require the appliance being removed from the wall on most hoods.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model is ELIBLOC HT GR 80 hood.
I have removed filters and frame. The 'motor unit' is in centre. The switches for the lights and extractor are in the centre... Is transformer behind these? The instructions from Elica merely say to 'remove the 6 screws (size T10) from the cover hiding the transformer'.
I can count about 20 screws up there!!!
No obvious oblong metal box.
J
Hi J, sorry, i don't have any diagrams for this particular model.. I will opt out to see if someone can assist you immediately; given not, I will try get the documents for this one tomorrow and come back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will ring Elica tomorrow thanks.
J
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - did you manage to get the information from Elica in the end?