Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Hotpoint Washer/dryer WD420P ,4 lights out of 5

Customer Question

Hi,I have a Hotpoint Washer/dryer WD420P ,4 lights out of 5 flashing !
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If you look at the row of leds going down the side of the dispenser is it the top 4 lights you have flashing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , yes the top 4 of the 5 are flashing ,
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** have them lights flashing then this is F15 error code which is a dryer heater relay fault. Nearly all the time when you get this im afraid its the main control board at the back at fault here. But first just remove the top of the washer and check the wiring connections on the dryer heater which you will see on the top.If the wires are all fine then its going to be the main control board at the back at the bottom as that's were the heater relay is on there. To cure this if you wanted it fixing you will need to have the control board replaced and programmed up. Now this isn't worth it if buying the parts new yourself as they are sold blank so have to be programmed up by the Hotpoint lap top. So you need to either get Hotpoint in to replace it or buy a second hand board from the same model to work. Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards