Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have moved into a house with Calor gas flame fire, and central

Customer Question

I have moved into a house with Calor gas flame fire, and central heating _ which is not working , and I won't repair because I'm waiting to hear about a grant to install Firmus gas.
I have a functioning Carbon Monoxide detector, but a visitor to my house yesterday told me he could smell gas. I do smell it immediately on lighting the fire, but after that I don't. I'm worried because I regularly have my grandchildren to stay, and I don't want to make them ill!
Is it usual for Calorie gas burning appliances to produce Fumes?
Thank you for your help!
Shelagh
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , any type of gas can be dangerous in that it can produce carbon monoxide if ventilation is insufficient or the fire is not operating correctly. To be safe get a gas safe engineer to check it.a safety check would be around a 100 pounds