Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko washing machine model WM74135. It's not draining

Customer Question

I have a Beko washing machine model WM74135. It's not draining - I've checked the filter and the drain pipes as much as I can - it will not drain into a bucket though. How do I know if it's a faulty pump or if there is a blockage somewhere - and if a blockage how do I rectify?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Did you check the pump impeller at the back inside the chamber were the filter went?
If not then remove the filter again and look inside the chamber at the back there you will see the pump impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming it up. The pump should ping round in stages.
Once that's clear retry it and fingers crossed that's sorted it.
As to knowing if its a blockage then when you removed the filter did the water come gussing out from there and empty the water from the drum? If so then there isn't a blockage in the sump hose.
If the pump is clear and you want to check the drain hose then you need to either blow down the drain hose and see if it gurgles inside and if it does then its clear from blockage and its going to be the pump at fault.
But first just check the pump impeller first and see what you find from there.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, impeller fine, and water came strongly gushing out when I removed the filter. Blowing down the drain pipe I can feel the air coming through the pump so no blockage. All signs point to a faulty pump - hopefully this is an easy repair (maybe even a diy job?).
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Yes this is a simple job if you have a screwdriver and a pair of pilers.
Pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and have someone hold for you.
Then remove the screws holding the pump on.
Then it will drop down.
Use the pilers and remove the clips holding the hoses on and then you can remove the pump from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Daniel, you're amazing - the gift that keeps on giving! I couldn't find how to do it on the web! Now off to order a new pump, express delivery!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your help!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome.
Fingers crossed that sorts it from there :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Daniel, new pump fitted - it now drains but the drum won't spin? Is the motor also likely to be broken?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the drum isn't turning at all then its possibley worn carbon brushes.
Lean the washer backwards against a wall and have someone hold it for you.
Then lie down and look under the washer and you will see the back of the motor.
There either side are the carbon brushes. Remove them and see if they have worn. If so then you need to replace them as well and see how it goes from there.