Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a WVT1260GB/01 washing machine. Washing cycles now

Customer Question

I have a WVT1260GB/01 washing machine. Washing cycles now continue indefinitely, with no emptying and rinsing (timer counts down to 1 minute and stays there). Draining and spinning still fully functional when selected. Any ideas?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - does the washing machine actually heat the water?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, don't know the answer. Was only set at 30C, and didn't check.
OK no worries, set it on a high temperature wash and let me know if its heating the water, Im here all day with the exception of a couple of hours this afternoon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sign of the water being heated, so it looks like the heater has gone. If that is the case, is that terminal or is it cost-effective to fix ?
Assuming its the heater rather than the electronic pcb you're looking at £45 for the heater plus fitting (using genuine Bosch parts) part number is ***** I would estimate a repair cost of between £90-100.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - I assume there is no easy way to completely rule out the PCB? ... but given that everything else seems to work OK, it looks like the heater is the likely problem.
If you can set the appliance to a cold wash and it goes all the way through it is the heater, if it doesn't likely it is the pcb. More likely to be the heater though.