Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My ZWG 6120R has stopped during or end? of spin. I can't open

Customer Question

My ZWG 6120R has stopped during or end? of spin. I can't open door but it doesn't look like there is water in drum? I have turned off and on several times since last night and tried all settings to get some response, the drain setting gurgled and then stopped!. The error red lights are inconsistent and sometimes flash or not. Any suggestions? Thank you. Steph.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - unplug it from the electric, leave it for about ten minutes and then try it again. Off at the electric socket not the on/off switch on the machine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned off machine at the main over night but still no response :( I'll unplug for 10 minutes and try again..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It spluttered and stopped :(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If there is no immediate solution, how do I get my washing out as door is locked and it sounds like there is still water in the machine somewhere..
OK firstly unplug the appliance again, then take the grey corrigated drain pipe and put it in a washing up bowl, emptying as required, until you have all the water out - the door then should open normally. Whilst you have got it empty check the drain filter is not blocked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, ill try that.. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to be dumb... do I unplug the hose at the machine end or the sink connection end?
Sink end, then place that end in a wash bowl or bucket and it will drain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Water is drained. I tipped washing me up to tray and empty completely. Will the door release work without it being turned on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Door open :) Slight flood on floor when I tipped water down sink forgetting drainage exit open..whoops! Thank you for your help. How do I check filter isn't blocked? Which part do I open?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They don't make it easy do they! According to my user instructions. I should be able to clean the filter myself..if I could unscrew it in the firstplace! Gonna leave till after Christmas now. Thank you for your advice. Happy Christmas :)
No worries, would you now rate the information given by using the star rating at the top of the page, once done you can come back to me at any time for further help (after Christmas with the filter) just log back in any your call will come to me. Thank you for using JA and have a lovely Christmas.