Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have replaced the heat element on the fan oven and its

Hi, i have replaced the heat element on the fan oven and its still not getting hot. What can be the problem? Farmstyle 1100dfa. Thanks
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you give me the product code which is on the rating label.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian,
The model number is###-##-####
The serial number is *****
Can you leave this with me a short time please, this model is not listed on the Stoves website so I've just asked them to send me across a manual for it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok no problem.
Haven't forgotten you, I'm still waiting for Stoves to sent it across - we're abit manic at the moment with the run up to Christmas.
OK I have the wiring diagram, give me a shout when you are free and we can go through the wiring together - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian im free to go through the wiring now. Thanks
If you let me have your email address I'll send it across and then we can both see what I am talking about.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email is:***@******.***
You have mail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Recieved the email, do you know where the thermal cut out is?
Well spotted, it can be either on the top of the oven or attached to the back, follow the orange wire from the fan element to it, you should then meet a white cable the other side of it. You should have continuity through it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got the back off and there's no thermal cut outs and the cables on the element are white and black. Where are the thermal cut outs on the front?
You should have a black cable that goes to one side of the element across to the fan oven motor - follow the other connection on the fan oven element up to where it connects to the main oven thermostat and check continuity between the element and the thermostat and come back to me with results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Cable that comes out of the element goes to the thermostat and there is continuity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot find any thermal cut outs, do you think it could be the thermostat?
OK I assume you have got a multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't got a multi meter but I'm getting no voltage out of my thermostat.
let me have your phone number and I'll try and talk you through it on the phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
077879114901. Thanks
Can you check that you have too many numbers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it's ***********
OK hope that was helpful, would you now kindly rate the service given by using the star rating system at the top of the page. once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a good evening.