Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The container light comes on shortly after starting a cycle

The container light comes on shortly after starting a cycle the filters are clean and the container has very little or no water in it, what is likely to be the cause?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears that the lower water receiver contains water when tipped forward to remove back plate water runs from the bottom of the machine,
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
When you get this fault its the water chamber at the bottom were the pump is that blocks up and causes the empty water light to come on.
What you need to do is remove the condenser chamber at the bottom and then look inside the chamber were it goes and you will see a square cover in the base.
Pop this out and then you need to soak the water up from there and clear any build up of fluff in there as this is what blocks up in there.
Make sure that's all clear and then refit the cover and condenser and see how it goes from there and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice, I located the access plate and cleaned ot the tank as suggested, the machine now appears to be working perfectly.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Nice one glad to hear that sorted it and it's working again.
If you could also rate the answer I have that would be great.