Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a Maytag fridge freezer, with ice maker and water

Customer Question

HI, we have a Maytag fridge freezer, with ice maker and water outlet on the freezer door. The water outlet on the door randomly suddenly starts letting water out. it can be ok for a few days and then it'll start start spurting for about 5 seconds every few hours and then be fine again. We dont use the water outlet so would be happy to isolate that if need be. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model is: MAYTAG M2260iW
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK I can help you with this but it will entail you taking off the back cover and then removing two wires taking them off a component and taping them up with insulation tape. Are you happy to do this?
Do you require further assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Couldnt work out how to respond yesterday on "justanswer" - sorry.I have decided to put a stop end on the pipe feeding the water outlet. 5/16" size so have oredered and they are due to arrive tomorrow. Thank you very much for your help, not sure why it suddnely start trickling water but at least if I stop the water getting there it cant come out! Thank you
You may find that that also stops the ice maker working.