Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Installation NEFF B44S43N3GB single electric: What

For the Installation NEFF B44S43N3GB single electric: What are the power requirements: does it need to be hardwired by a qualified electrician, or can it be plugged into 13 amp plug.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - it has to be hardwired through a double pole switch, it should not be connected via a 13amp plug.
Extract from the installation instructions below -
Connecting the appliance to the power supply -
Fig. 4
Only a licensed expert may connect the appliance. National
regulations apply as well as those of your electricity supplier.
Note the information on the nameplate for voltage and total
power.
The appliance corresponds to safety class I and may only be
operated in conjunction with a safety earth terminal.
Power cord: Type H05 V V-F or a higher rating. The yellow­green
wire for the safety earth terminal must be 10 mm longer on the
appliance side than the other wires.
In the installation, there must be an all-pin isolating switch with at
least 3 mm contact gap, or the appliance must be connected
using a plug with an earthing contact. This must remain
accessible after installation.
Contact protection must be ensured by the method of
installation.
Identify the phase and neutral (zero) conductors in the power
socket. The appliance could be damaged if incorrectly
connected.
Would you now kindly rate the information given you by using the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank You for using JA and have a nice day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The installer has suggested that it would be fine for a 13 amp plug, stating "he does this all the time". I have also checked online to confirm that this is not correct information, corroborated by your advice. Am I within my rights to insist that this is fitted by a qualified electrican and hardwired?
Whilst I have some sympathy with the installer what he must understand is that in all situations he will be the last man standing. By that I mean that if he fails to install the product in line with the manufacturers instructions and something goes wrong he is the one that will be held responsible. From your point of view, and this comes from someone who runs a network of engineers, is that if I or one of my engineers arrived to carry out a warranty call and found that the manufacturers instructions had not been followed not only would you have invalidated your warranty but we would charge you for the call and then walk away. In all cases the manufacturers instructions must be followed to the letter. There are no grey areas, if the manufacturer allowed the use of a 13amp plug they would have fitted one. Hope that helps.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.