Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hotpoint aquarius washing machine model WT540. When

I have a hotpoint aquarius washing machine model WT540. When I try a wash cycle it fills up okay. Then it stops full of water and multiple lights start flashing at the same time (On/off, Wash enhance, Rinse hold & Mini load) Do you know what the problem could be?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If you number the lights on the far left hand side going down with 1 at the top which number lights are flashing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey,
Lights 1, 3 & 4 are flashing including the on/off button.
While waiting for a response we have checked the filter/water outlet pipe/drain pump for blockages and all three are clear. Have just tried a spin cycle again for the same problem to happen
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lights 1,3 and 4 flashing is F11 error code which is a pump fault. For this its either the drain pump itself, the control board or both. If you are able to remove the drain pump from underneath the washer and check the wiring block. Check it hasn't burnt out. Also look at the copper windings you will see at the back of the pump were the wires go and see if theres signs of burning there. If so then the pump will need to be replaced.But also remove the back panel and remove the control board which you will see in the bottom left corner.Open the casing and inspect the board for any signs of burning. As you can get the pump blowing and taking the control board out as well so if that's the case both the control board and pump will need to be replaced. So check them and see what you find. But for the error code its either the pump itself or the control board at fault here. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We removed the drain pump and one half of the copper windings was black, would that mean it was burnt out?
What causes that?
And what would the replacement part be?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok if it was black then its burnt out.
As to want causes it sometimes water leaking on it can cause this but other times its just ware and tare with it so nothing can cause it as well.
So replace the drain pump and fingers crossed its just that. But as I said before the odd time it can blow the control board so if you fit the pump and its still the same then the control board will also need to be replaced.
Its not often this happens but it can do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got my new pump this morning, fitted it in and it worked! Thank you Daniel :)