Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have Bosch logixx7/4 and recently I wanted to turn it on, but completely dead. Chang

Customer Question

Hi I have Bosch logixx7/4 and recently I wanted to turn it on, but completely dead.
Changed the socket, replaced fuse in the plug, all the same. No response whatsoever
Any advice?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the full model number please. Its usually on a sticker on the inside of the door and start E-nr
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the number is: e-nr. Wvh28420gb/02 fd 9006 400005
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for that. So if its not the socket at fault then you need to remove the top of the dryer and there at the back you will see the mains filter were the power cable goes to.Check this and make sure theres no signs of burning on there. If you have a test meter or volt stick then check to see if theres power there. If that's fine and theres power there then im afraid this is possibley the main control board at fault here. The main power board should be in the base of the washer. You need to remove the back cover and you will see it there. Remove this and check for signs of burning on there and if so then it will need to be replaced. Check that and see what you find if you can and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've checked that already, no signs of burning anywhere, main power board looks fine, no burn marks. I do get 240v to board, measured with multi meter. Is there a way to test if motherboard is the problem? How much would it cost to replace it? There are 2. One is located vertically.Any further advice?Regards a
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok if you have 240v there then its looking like the control board itself is the issue. The other board you see is the dryer module board. But the main power board isn't cheap im afraid. Its about £300 just for the part itself so not good news im afraid.