Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Could you tell me what is the button at the top of a

Customer Question

Hello, could you tell me what is the button at the top of a zannusi fridge freezer marked 's'? When you press it an orange light comes on. It's next a green light with 'pd' above it. These are birth next the temperature control dial. I'm asking because I can't get the fridge to cool down. It's seems to be failing to cool. Thanks. Simon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
The S and orange light is the super freeze light.
What this does is brings the compressor on and gets the freezer very cold.
But if the fridge is failing then turning the super freeze on wont cure it for the long run. It may bring it down to temperature again but as soon as I goes off it will start to rise again.
So if the cooling is going off then its more then likely a fault with it.
But that's what the S and the orange light is for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what should I do about the fridge not cooling? It was new 18 months ago but is not our as we live in a rented property
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Is it both the fridge and freezer that's not cooling as it should?
Can you post the model number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the fridge. Water has been gathering in small pools at bottom of fridge for a few months. Can't find serial number other than an orange sticker on the back of unit which I can send a picture - will attach now
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
That's just the compressor details on there.
Don't worry about it anyway. If its the fridge that's not working then you will need to get a fridge engineer in to check the sealed system with there gauges.
As this is a landlords appliance you will be best letting them know and they will send an engineer out for you saves you paying for it as this wont be a cheap fix if its a system fault.
But in the mean time keep the fast freeze on as this may help it till its fixed.