George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Indesit iwe81681 fault - noisy when spinning What could

Customer Question

indesit iwe81681 fault - noisy when spinning
What could this be?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
There are several types of causes of noises when spinning I will highlight some of them in order of the most common for you to check...
1. DRUM BEARINGS; With the drum empty, spin the drum by hand to see if the noise still exists.
2. DRAIN PUMP; Put the washer onto a drain-only program to see if the noise exists whilst draining.
3. DRAIN PUMP; Check for foreign bodies fouling the pumps impeller by checking the filter housing.
4. MOTOR; Remove the belt from the drum and put the appliance into spin mode to see if the noise is there whilst spinning.
5. MOTOR; Spin the motor by hand to listen to the motor bearings.
6. DRUM BEARINGS; spin the drum by hand with the belt removed to check for wear.
Let me know what you find... Please be patient whilst awaiting a response as I am not constantly available
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.