Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an integrated aeg dishwasher pnc *********** it will

I have an integrated aeg dishwasher pnc *********** it will start a wash then stop and make two beeps and the light flashes twice. I've checked the manual and it says to check the sink spigot and we've checked that and the u bend both of which are clear. Please advise.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK do you hear the drain pump start up shortly after you start up the appliance or just a dull hum?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does the prerinse then stops and beeps. If we turn it off and back on again it will finish the cycle and then beeps again when it's finished. It seems to be draining and theirs no sign of blockages so we are slightly flummoxed!
OK old engineers trick, take a kettle of boiling water and pour it in the base of the appliance with the filters removed, then leave it about 5 mins and start a program, tell me what is happening ie does it go through the program or stop and beep again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The boiling water appears to have worked! It's done a full cycle with no beeping. Thank you!
Excellent, you have had a build up of scum/grease etc that was restricting the drain pipe, all pump outs are timed with this appliance and if you go overtime the machine shuts down. Hot water dissolved the scum and then pumped it down the drain. It may benefit you now to put a cleaner/descaler through the appliance to pick up any remnants.
Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star ratings at the top of the page. Once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank You for using JA and have a wonderful Christmas.