Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Channel at back of fridge is always filling up with water have

channel at back of fridge is always filling up with water have used have used plastic plunger nothing seems to be blocked continually having to wipe up water or it will flood over into fridge
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - would you kindly give me the model number please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model CDA 647F
Thank you I need you just to do something for me if you would, can you remove items from the fridge, ie shelves and content so that you can get a kettle of hot water into the fridge and in a position to be able to pour the hot water in the hole. You will need to tip the appliance slightly backwards to get the maximum effect. Slowly tip the water in to the hole and tell me if you have a steady flow or if it backs up and comes out of the top. Secondly, is this something that you have always had or something that has developed over a period of time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have tried the water it does not go down little pieces of black material float up I the water.I have had the problem for a while but before always cleared with the plunger but now the water is there even after clearing in just a short time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The water is now going down the hole and we can hear it as it goes down it seems to be draining away and not backing up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have put more water down now and the treatment seems to be successful . Thank you so much I will certainly use the service again in the future if this problem should reoccur.
Excellent, I think you perhaps had a piece of paper or similar stuck in the drain pipe. Pleased you got it sorted - it will pay you to gently wind up the front feet to have a slight tilt backwards, helps the water drain away.
Would you now kindly rate the information given by using the star rating system at the top of the page. Once done all further questions are free of charge but it allows me to shut down the job on the system. Thank You for using JA and have a wonderful Christmas & New Year.