Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I've got a Toledo 90 ceramic that is switching itself off

I've got a Toledo 90 ceramic that is switching itself off regularly
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Is the whole oven switching off inclulding the hobs and timer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. It completely switches off for about 30 seconds, the clock goes blank and then comes back with 00.00. We then press the buttons to set the timer and it starts again.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok is it going out even if you are not using the oven?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, there are times it has done that
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok the first thing to check is the mains connection. Check the mains connection at the back hasn't burnt out and also check the power supply to the oven as well and make sure the power switch on the wall or were ever it is is fine.
If the power supply is fine which I think it will be then its more then likely the timer unit itself at fault.
As these ovens are made by Beko and there timers fail a lot like this were it switches off and then come back on on its own.
In this case the timer unit will need to be replaced and that should cure it.
Now this isn't an uncommon fault as I have replaced quite a few of them for this kind of fault that you have here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** a way to remove the timer unit from the circuit in the short term! I will not get anyone to fix tomorrow and I have 21 for dinner on Christmas!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
From memory on this you cannot bypass it as the wiring is in a block so you cannot tell which the relay is on there, sorry. Just a thought on this as well just check the thermal cut out the back.Pull the oven out and remove the back panel and there you will see the thermal cut out at the back of the oven cavity on the right hand side. It will have 2 wires going to it. Just check the wires on there and make sure theres no burning on there as that can cause this as well.Its not often this causes it as this usually stops it working altogether rather then it keep going off and on all the time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks