Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a hotpoint dishwasher, BFL620, we have power & can

we have a hotpoint dishwasher, BFL620, we have power & can select programme, but it doesn't start when the door closes, its been working fine for the last few years.
tried turning it off for a few hours & starting again, no good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
serial number might be BFI620
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - how happy and handy are you with handtools? I will require you to take the outer door frame off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a mechanical fitter in a power station so am good with tools etc.
just noticed that there is water in bottom of dishwasher, will try and turn pump by hand once I can shut off power to kitchen, Mrs doing laundry at moment !
Are you referring to the wash area or actually in the bottom of the cabinet where the motor pump etc are?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wash area within the machine, where the water is meant to be ! cleaned filter & tried to turn pump, cant find anywhere to turn pump from without removing pump.
OK you will be best positioned if you take the appliance out to get at the pump its a bit of a pain but if you do it carefully you should be able to get at the pump without disconnecting the drain or water supply but power off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have now spun the pump, it wasn't stuck at all ! spun it in both directions, I guess plug it back in & see what happens ?
Start the appliance with the pump electrically connected and hanging and see if the impeller spins at the start of the program that will confirm its operation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope, it doesn't work !
Oh well, the machine is over 10 years old so I guess it's time for a new one, I was hoping to get away without doing the Christmas dinner washing up !!!
Thanks for the help
Well just to confirm, put a multimeter across the terminals and check that you have mains there, if not likely you have a knackered pcb.