Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My microwave has a small clock symbol on the far right and

Customer Question

My microwave has a small clock symbol on the far right and hence won't switch on, how do I resolve this ?
Can this be mended via the phone, don't want an appointment
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
Do you have the full model details from the sticker on the back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Type BT 32GF2
Model MCD3880E-m
Setting and hiding the clock is on page 12 of the instructions, a link to the manual is here;http://www.electrolux-ui.com//DocumentDownLoad.aspx?DocURL=2009\822\192600-A-022009EN.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is a clock symbol that is preventing it working, not "the clock" which would not need hiding in Xmas day !
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you give me the pnc or product code please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi happy to have a call if I am at home ***********
Could you kindly let me have the pnc or product code so that I can look at the product details.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Type BT 32GF2
Model MCD3880E-m
That is the type and model number - I need the PNC or product code which should also be on a label affixed to the appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Product code 947-640 689
Thank you there should also be either a 00, 01 or 02 after the 689 there are three versions of you appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has a serial number of 94701031
OK let me see what I can find, will assume it is version 00 - leave it with me it may take a little time - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any thoughts ? Thanks
I'm afraid you will have to leave it until AEG are back to work after the New Year and I can speak to their HQ technical team. None of the information that we field service engineers have relates to this fault. If you don't want to wait, let me know and I will organize a refund for you.