Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My panasonic SD253 bread maker is stuck with "power alert"

Customer Question

my panasonic SD253 bread maker is stuck with "power alert" showing and won't respond to any buttons. It has been turned off for 24 hours and turned on again but nothing changes. Is it permanently broken?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - press and hold the start/stop button until the display goes blank - then select a program. If this doesn't work you have a power card failure.
Do you require further assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The buttons do not respond at all. I am capable of doing repairs but I need advice on which parts to buy.
You could take the pcb out of the top and see if the buttons are damaged or stuck but other than that you will struggle. According to my supplier the button pcb is no longer available and when it was available it cost £96.14p verses a new model at £104 with a 12 month warranty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Would you now kindly rate the information given to allow me to shut the job down on the system. Once done if you have further questions they are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's fine thanks Dales-Electronic. I actually don't see an obvious way to rate the system other than starting a free trial which I don't want to do. But please go ahead and close the job. If there is a fee I will pay it even though you were unable to provide any information that I didnt know already. thanks malcolm
Thanks for the rating and have a good day.