Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have Haier wine fridge Haier WS49GDB. the temperature cannot

Customer Question

I have Haier wine fridge Haier WS49GDB. the temperature cannot be set?
Red is on 25 and white on 26. Its practically brand new, only installed in August.
Can you help.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - do you have a fault code in the display?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
OK there has been a product modification to that model due to some issues with the wiring - you need to contact Haier and get them to come out and repair the appliance under the warranty. If you try and do it they will cancel the product guarantee. They are aware of a problem and will get someone out to you fairly quickly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fridge is at my house in Switzerland, I bought in UK and brought out here. Will they repair here?
Yes they should do Haier are an international company and they issued the modification to us service engineers on 27th November 2015 so you should have no issues with getting it repaired under warranty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I have their contact details in the UK, they should nee able to put me in touch with their Swiss partners.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the contact details please.
Europe | Haier Global | Haier Group
www.haier.net/en/about_haier/haier_global/europe/
Contact us - Haier
www.haier.com/uk/contactus/
Haier Main Office: Westgate House, Westgate Ealing, London W5 1YY, Customer Number: UK / NI: 0333(###) ###-#### *****: 01(###) ###-####
Hope that helps
Would You now kindly rate the information given by using the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank You for using JA and have a great holiday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found an error message. This morning it was flashing F1 and beeping.
Even better - that is the code that is generated if the appliance suffers from the problem that we have been talking about. You really have two options, I can steer you through doing it yourself or you can get your local Haier agent to do it. You need a cross-point screwdriver, some connector block and insulating tape.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is the procedure can you let me know and is it fairly simple? I will speak with haier tomorrow when they are open, if they will not send someone out in Switzerland, well do I really want to take the thing back to the Uk
I have the full modification instructions, really its only a case of removing the shelving and the inside back panel and then cutting a connector block off and replacing it with another one. The problem is that the original connector block was found to corrode. If you want to have a go, I can Skype you and talk you through it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged and plugged back in ( there was a beeping, that has stopped), the temp went to a solid light 23 on both sides and no error message , f1 on one side and all lights flashing. It has now gone to 21 on the red side ( left) and still 23 on the right white side that was flashing the f1 error message. Is this still the same problem?
I do have all the bits here, conector blocks, cross head and electrical tape. Can you let me know what is needed?
Out of curiosity is there a YouTube video of how to mend?
No but the modification sheet is fairly easy to follow - if you send me an email address I can forward it to you and then you can decide if you are happy to do it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***Thank you
You have mail
Do you require further assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Think I understand now, it looks fairly simple. You know what I think I will give it a go.
In your instructions it talks about '2' conectors, one top one bottom? But you are saying one?
Its a generic instruction, if yours has two fans rather than one do it on both. The most important thing is to make sure you get the wires changed over like for like by doing one connector at a time.
Give it a go and come back to me if you need further advice in the meantime would you kindly rate the information given so that I can shut the job down on the system, once done you can come back to me at any time for further information. Most important make sure you either note or photo the cables before you change the connector !! I am here until 2pm UK time and then away for a couple of hours and back at 4pm ish.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ian, ll give it a go and let you know how I get on.
John
OK I'll be around somewhere if you get stuck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, OK all making sense now, since the error message this morning and beeping, I unplugged and plugged back in the red ( top part of fridge and rhs of lights) has hit its temp of 14 degrees. The White ( bottom are of fridge, Rhs lights and lights that were flashing F1) has not moved off 25 degrees. Clearly the fan conector on bottom part of fridge has failed. Would you agree.
John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry one other question, given this would you change both conectors?
John
Yes saves you having to take it apart in six months to do the other one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just did the bottom one, was fiddly and was a bit nervous! And it bloody works! Your a star, best 29 CHF I've spent! Top will sit!
A pleasure to help someone who is prepared to 'have a go' I'm pleased you were successful. You have my details if you need any further help.