George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Neff double oven. Turned on large oven and it tripped

I have a Neff double oven. Turned on large oven and it tripped the electrics. Now the top oven (smaller) work, nothing from larger over and control panel, i.e. clock not working. smaller over & grill still ok
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you give me the ENR and FD from the plate on the edge of the oven please.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U1661AOGB/02
FD 8202
You will need an engineer to call to the oven..
On this model there are two large controllers, one left and one right.. The one on the right controls the main oven and the clock.
There are safety cut-outs on the appliance that need checking, as if a safety cut-out has disconnected power to the right hand controller then that could be the cause of the power loss, so it, and the cause of its demise (probably ring element) will need changing.
If you let me know your postcode I can try assist you in finding an engineer that is local enough to you, or one that covers your area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. thanks. We'll decide whether or not we think it's terminal (as it is 15 years old !) !