adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Just Answer Moderator
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

Bosch Dishwasher SMV69T10GB/26 Logixx Fully Integrated Dishwasher.Pr

Customer Question

Bosch Dishwasher SMV69T10GB/26 Logixx Fully Integrated Dishwasher.
Press the on/off "button"
None of the program options light up when pressed
After about 5 secs the both the "Check water supply" and the "Rinse aid refill" displays start to flash.
I can press the on/off and they stop flashing.
I have checked water supply and filler and all ok. I do not think it is to do with water supply or rinse aid, but a controller problem.
Any suggestions, before I call Bosch service engineer?
Tony
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 11 months ago.
Do you hear the drain pump running at all when the check water light is flashing?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, sound.I have tried to run the test cycle and that does not work either
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please note that both the Check water and rinse aid light are both flashing at the same time
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also, no error codes are displayed. If the water pump is at fault I should ger E 24 or E25
Ok that's fine. The reason I asked was that on some models when you get the check water light on it can be water has leaked into the base and has activated the flood switch. But when this happens you find the pump will run all the time. But this usually doesn't cause the display not to come on.
From the sounds of this it is a control board fault. On this model theres 2 boards one in the bottom base panel and the one in the door which you press to select the cycle.
If you what to try and do this yourself what you can try is remove the outer wooden door and then remove the plastic control panel. There you will see the control board. Check the wiring plugs on there and remove them and refit it and see if this makes a better connection and brings it back on.
Also pull it out and remove the right hand side panel and you will see the main power board there at the bottom. Check the wiring blocks there as well as you can get poor connections on there which can cause this.
If all that doesn't cure it then its a control board and give the problem you say its more then likely the front board at the top as for them lights to flash which you have power must be getting there so that would need to be replaced im afraid.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I know I am getting power as the top control board is activated when I touch the on/off and I get power to the two indicator lights that are flashing. As, I said in my question I suspect the controller.What I am looking for is a definite explanation as to what the two flashing lights mean. I have Googled and not found it so have tried this Ask Jeeves service. Please could you confirm what the error of both the flashing lights mean.
Tony
Them lights flashing mean nothing. Its more then likely a fault on the electronic that's causing them to flash.
As this model as the display screen so any faults on there are shown by E error codes. Dishwashers that don't have a display screen use certain lights to report faults.
So the flashings lights on this isn't anything im afraid its a blip on the electronic that's causing it im afraid.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do not what to purchase either board until I know which is at fault, are you able to confirm what is at fault? Thanks
With electronic boards theres no way of testing them. When we get faults like this is a case of fitting them and seeing how it goes.
But given the fault you have if I was at the call like this I would go for the display board in the door. If you didn't have any lights coming up at all then I would go for the bottom main one.
Electronic control board faults can be a nightmare when theres a few as I said theres no test you can do to see which it is.
So im 80 percent sure this is going to be the front display board here.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hum, well I was trying to use this service to get to the cause of the problem, I suspected the controller from the start. I don't feel I am any the wiser than when I started the call. I was looking for a 100% answer so I could order and fit a new part.
Im afraid with electronics that's how we work them. Its a case of fitting them. Every single service engineer does the same as these just no way of testing them.
We only go off the kind of fault its giving and on yours it is pointing to the display control unit.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have the front panel off and at the time the two flashing lights start there is a "click" sound from the control box (the one on the top right as you look at the machine). Would the point to the control box rather than display control unit?
So in the door panel at the top do you have 2 control boards in there?
Its just for that model number you posted the parts diagram only shows there being one complete control unit in there.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, there is the display panel on the left and the control board/ box on the right. It was you that suggested there were two......."From the sounds of this it is a control board fault. On this model theres 2 boards one in the bottom base panel and the one in the door which you press to select the cycle."......
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have found on the UK Whitegoods site - somebody with exactly the same problem. I will contact them to find the solution.
That's correct there is 2 but the main board is usually at the bottom of the dishwasher not in the door.
Does the display board look like its part of the fasica panel or can you remove it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The display board is part of the fascia panel in the rim of the door as it is an integrated dishwasher. The controller in the door has the code AKO 732941 Type: TV BSH 9000 385 466 01 845. It is this unit that makes a small "click" when the two lights start to flash.
Ok that's what I thought. The display unit comes as part of the control panel so I don't think that will be the cause. The one you see is what we call the user board as that's the one that selects the cycle. There is another main control board at the bottom as well. But as you say the one in the door is doing the clicking then its more then likely a faulty relay not energising the front display unit so that's the one thats going to be the fault more likely here. If you want the part number for it its 00658327
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Great now we are getting somewhere. So, you are 80% sure it is the User Board. If it not the user board then the main control board which in underneath the dishwasher? I have found the User Board from your part number, thanks. Please could you give me the part number for the main control board, in case I have to order that.
The part number for the main control board is 00648931 and this comes all ready programmed up ready to fit.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK, thanks I will wait to see if hear from the person that had the same fault as he was going to replace the main control board.Please confirm that you are unable to confirm which of the two boards are at fault, based on the flashing lights and the click. I don't want to spend money on the wrong part. Are you able to check with other Technicians?
Based on the clicking you hear I would replace the board in the door which was the first part number I posted. I can speak to other techs but its not going to be till Tuesday now im afraid but I will reply back on here for you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, thanks. Please let me know on Tuesday, as my reason for paying for this service was to get a definitive answer to my question, which I feel still has not been answered 100%. There must be techs that have come across this before as I found an entry on UK Whitegoods board. Thanks
As I said before you cannot test a control board so its a case of replacing it.
Going of the info you have given its more then likely the control board in the door as that's what I would replace and probberly any engineer that call out to it would as well.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, Please could you let me know what you have found out from the other Tech's you were going to contact.
Many Thnaks
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 11 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thanks for your patience,
Adam
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Adam,Yes please keep looking. I restate my question below...Hi,I have a Bosch Logixx dishwasher that has developed a fault that when switched on, two warning LEDs flash in unison – the one beside the tap icon and the one beside the rinse aid icon. The machine will no longer enter any cycles due to this error at startup. There is no accompanying ‘E’ error, just the two flashing LEDs.
The only other symptom is one small 'click' sound from the User Display PCB unit housed in the door. It clicks once at the same time the lights start to flash.I have spoken to Bosch and they were unable to find any information on this error.I suspect it is either the User Display PCB housed in the door at the top right or the main board bottom left of the machine.Please could any body advise as to which PCB it is?Many thanks
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Adam
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Adam,Will you please close this question and return my good faith deposit as mentioned in your email above.Many thanksTony