Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

There. Our machine is making a of a racket on spin,

Hi there. Our machine is making a hell of a racket on spin, and banging about. There is also a load of white/grey debris in the drum and filter now.....looks like very hard paper mâché large gritty particles ....I dropped a bit in viakyl but it didn't devolve. It also looks like it has ptfe tape interwoven and some bits are long.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - its sounds like your bearings have gone, is there any up and down movement between outer and inner drums?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is a lot of movement.
But the drum spins freely
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So the white grey stuff is outer drum lining then
As you spin the drum do you get a rumbling noise? Spin it by hand with the door open.
Grey stuff, it can either be hard scale or as the outside of the inner tub is like a cheese grater and it comes off in short strips it can be the outer plastic drum.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it's a bit noisy and the debris makes sense. Is it viable to repair of replace its an Electrolux egw1440 w
Can you give me the pnc or product code on the label in the door frame area and I'll have a look for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it's###-##-####00Thanks Ian
OK you are lucky in sofar as it is possible to repair your appliance but only if you are prepared to do it yourself as the parts alone will come to just short of £200 and its not an easy job, you need lots of room to work around the appliance and plenty of patience. It will take you about 2 - 3 hours to do it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ian
But that's not my line of expertise I'm afraid I'm more a motorcycle type guy. But thanks for all your anyway and happy new year.