Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a h20 warning on our hot point machine

Customer Question

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 11 months ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you give me the full model number please.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hot point Aquarius wmf760 Eco tech
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi are you still there? Never used this before so unsure how it works.
Yes - just keep asking questions and I will answer them as quickly as I can. The H2O fault just indicates that for whatever reason the washer hasn't filled with water in the allocated period of time. How handy are you with tools?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok ish. Just checked the cold water hose pressure and that's ok. Have lid off top of machine too as we did see a post on the site about checking pressure valve but can't find that.
OK if you look behind the soap dispenser you should see a round thing with wires coming out of it and a plastic pipe heading down towards the tub.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok nothing behind soap dispenser when looking at it from the top of the open machine. There is something to the front of the machine that looks like what you are describing. It's round and black with 3 black wires coming out of it and a thin black tube
OK that will do, power off, take off the plastic tube and gently blow into the black thing with the wires do you hear a click?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Black tube us underneath it so can't blow into the hole once removed. Dies the circular thing come off? Just don't want to break it if it's not meant to
I just need you to blow down the pipe and confirm that it is clear. Regarding the round thing, it should unclip by lifting it upwards and prizing it out gently. Leave the wires on.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Blown into black thing and it clicks, blown into pipe and it bubbles
OK next thing, when you put it on to a program can you hear the water inlet valve at the back buzz. Put the pressure switch and pipe back together before you do this check.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Filled with water and started cycle
OK excellent - let it go right the way through and come back to me when completed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's now stopped for about 5 mins now mid cycle. Made a few clicking noises but apart from that it's just stopped.
OK does it have any water in the drum? Secondly is it turning the drum as it goes along and is the water being heated?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes water in drum and feels hot. It was spinning when it was working! Been stopped for about 15 mins now
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Occasionally starts up as if it's going to work but stops about 2 seconds later. Timing wise it should have moved onto rinse by now as only 28 mins left but light still on washing section
OK i need you to check the motor brushes - can you do this?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Where r they?
If you look on the side of the motor you will see two black plastic cased things held on by two screws and connected with one wire. They are at the rear of the motor opposite end to the belt pulley. Take one off noting the way its fitted, then replace. then do the other side. Tell me how long the carbon is when it comes out of the end of the holder. Looks like these --
http://www.partmaster.co.uk/washing-machine/wmf-760-p-ukr-f064632/carbon-brushes/product.pl?pid=1079253&shop=hotpoint&path=52516&model_ref=925999
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You are assuming we know where the motor is and how to get it out ! Do we have to in screw the back of the machine now and remove the belt to get to it? ( just looked at video on YouTube)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Managed to do it. About .5 cm on either one
OK first thing I would do is replace these, this model being electronically controlled can be very twitchy if the brushes are low like yours. Once you have done this come back to me - the question stays open for seven days.