Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Neff hob stand-alone. The 2 left hand rings work,

I have a Neff hob stand-alone. The 2 left hand rings work, the 2 on the right do not. Is this a fuse problem, and if so where is the fuse. Model CERAF SOHOTT(###) ###-#### *****
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - Ceran Shott is the name of the maker of the glass top, you will need to get underneath the hob to get the ENr so that I can help you further - sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E-Nr T1323X0101FD86110088883861104098820008882and on paper 210493 - date of manufactur??
Thank You firstly you say you have two hotplates that do not work, did they go off together or one by one?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry not sure as tenants of this flat have moved out. Is there any kind of thermal cut out and re-set button like on tumble dryers/immersion heaters?
No not on ceramic hobs, first thing that I would do is get underneath the hob and check that the cable connectors in the mains connector block (where the mains power originally was connected to the hob) are tight and there are no burnt connectors. If everything is in order there then its a hob out of its worktop and check the internal bits.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just got back and will check this evening
OK I will be around until about 11pm
Do you require further assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all the connections seem OK and the hob is now out of the surround but still connected to the mains supply.
OK power off, you need to take the glass top off carefully protect worktops with a blanket or towel.
Hows it going?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok back now. The mains are connected correctly and secure. When I switch on the 2 x LHS elements and increase the temp I hear the thermostats click. When I swicth off the 2 signs come on "h" for hot. Neither of the elements however, has heated up.
OK as mentioned earlier you need take off the glass top and check that the wire heating element are intact. You can usually see a split in one off the wires if you follow them around.
How are you doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will check soon
OK I will be around most of the day.