Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My AEG machine blew a fuse in fuse box and we have checked

My AEG machine blew a fuse in fuse box and we have checked plug which is ok. No electrics at all. Can you help
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number please.
Also is it blowing the fuse as soon as you plug it back in and turn it back on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi model no.72640. No doesn't come on at all - tried changing to another socket but no joy. Obviously checked actual plug too. Thank you. Edith Goodall ***********
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the fuse had blown and you have replaced it and its not coming on then its more then likely taken the control board out as well.
I take it you have tried something else in the socket you are using like a kettle so you know the socket is working?
If that's all fine and theres nothing coming up on the display then the control board will be the cause here and would need to be replaced. But you will need to also find what caused it to blow as if theres another fault in there as soon as you replace the board and turn it back on it may blow the new board again.
So if you have a megger you need to test the washer and try and find the short in there that caused the problem.
But if you don't have a megger or unable to test the washer to find the cause then you may need to get someone in to test it first. As replacing the control board isn't that hard and you could do yourself if you are handy at diy but on this kind of fault I think theres something else faulty causing it so you need to find that fault as well first otherwise as I said the new board will blow straight away.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.