Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Why is the light in on my danfoss TS71 timer flashing? And

Customer Question

Why is the light in on my danfoss TS71 timer flashing? And I can't get my heating to switch on when I want it to?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you check the model number again, I have no listing for a TS71
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is Danfoss TS715. I usually run it by keeping it on and using the room thermostats. Now it just flashes and when I try manually it immediately switches itself off. I am trying to reset it, have printed out the instructions, but nothing works, nit is in a tight spot with no light, so using torch etc, am in my 70s and a widow and not managing this. No other heating available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing in the instructions mentions a flashing light!
Firstly you need to check that you have actually got some power to the timer, usually when the light is flashing it means that the power has gone off and that the unit is running on its built in battery back up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Flashing light stopped when I next looked. Switched heating on, on for about 20 mins but now off again and light flashing!
Just make sure you have power to the timer. It sounds like the timer battery charges up for a while and then dies or that you have a loose wire in the connector block.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure how to check or what to do about it. If I need to get someone in in the morning do I need a plumber or an electrician?
I would go for a electrician, most will have experience of central heating controls. Many plumbers are not keen on playing with electrics.