Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Good afternoonI have a Delonghi DES16E dehumidifier (Serl

Customer Question

Good afternoon
I have a Delonghi DES16E dehumidifier (Serl No: (###) ###-#### ***** is now out of warranty. It has not worked for a while (it operates in dehumidifying mode but no water collecting in water tray). I have recently noticed that the fan has fallen off the fan motor and want to access the casing to replace it. I have removed all external screws (6 in number) but cannot get access to inside without seeming to break the casing.
Can you inform me how to remove the casing?
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your Dehumidifier?And when it runs, doe cooling fins get icy cold or not during operation at this time?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Michael
The humidifier is only about three years old but seldom used. It became faulty several months after buying it and as the closest authorised Delonghi service centre is nearly 200 miles away it has sat in a back room unused.
When it runs the cooling fins are warm and moist. I feel a good starting point would be to fix the fan back into place and see what happens from there on. However, as stated in my problem, I cannot see an easy way to access the casing.
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Hi, thanks for all that info. Yes they make this so the casing is not easy to open really they use specialty tools to remove the internal workings, fan sensors etc. I hate when I have to service one lol, even the electronics are extremely difficult to get to on some of these.They don't last all that long anyway and my best advice on this unless you want to work on this like a puzzle because of its design would be to take it in even though its so far, but I would just write them about this, and usually DeLonghi, will send you a discount coupon for a replacement.But I will help as long as I can with this. I wish I had better news for you I really do, but this one is a pain lol;-(In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day and a Happy New Year!!Tech Michael