Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Kevin. We have a built in Bosch dishwasher which seems to

Hi Kevin. We have a built in Bosch dishwasher which seems to have simply died part way through a wash. We have drained it by hand and I have changed the electrical fuse but there is no power getting to the appliance _can you help please.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number please. Its usually etched into the door frame on the top left hand side as you open the door.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HJA8630 Fully integrated.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. Just want to double check as you said it was a Bosch dishwasher but that model you posted is for a Howdens/ Diplomat dishwasher. Is this correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Thought it was Bosch as all other appliances are. It doesn't actually have the name on it and the model number was in a different place than you advised -so assume you are right! Sorry for inaccuracy
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok that dishwasher is a howden dishwasher which is actually made by Beko. If theres no power there and the socket is fine then its either the main control board itself or a broken wire in the door loom o the n/off switch as ive had on these that causes this fault. What you need to do is remove the wooden door and then the outer metal door.There you will see the wires in the door. You need to check all the wires in there and give them a tug. Pull each wire and check for any broken wires in there. As if they break it will be in the bend as the wires go down the door to the underside. But if all the wires are fine then remove the plastic control panel and from there check the on/off switch. Check for burning on there and if you have a multi meter you need to test the switch. But if that's all ok as well as the wires then im afraid this is going to be the main control board in there which will need to be replaced. So check them out if you can and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel. I have checked all that you suggested, the switch is fine all wires are fine, no burning etc, therefore must mean its the control panel. The appliance is over 5years old so sounds like a new one is the answer!
Thanks for your help, if there's nothing else you can suggest I confirm I'm happy to settle the suggested charge.
Martin
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the wires and switch is fine then its the control unit at fault here.
Im afraid theres nothing else in there that will cause this kind of fault here