Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a zanussi fridge freezer ZEBF277W. The fridge has

Customer Question

Hi. We have a zanussi fridge freezer ZEBF277W. The fridge has stopped working but the freezer is fine. Power getting to both but the fridge is not cooling.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If you feel the back wall inside the fridge press against it all over and does any part of it feel spongy?
Also if you feel the compressor at the back at the bottom is it hot to touch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check now.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No spongy areas and compressor is warm but not too hot to touch.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok in a way that's a bit of good news for you as it can be fixed if you wanted it fixing.
As you say the freezer is working but the fridge isn't then its a system fault. Its more then likely a poor pumping compressor here. For this you need to get a fridge engineer in as this isn't a diy repair as they need to put there gauges on the pipe work to see what pressure the compressor is pumping at.
But this isn't a cheap repair as a compressor fitted is around the £250 mark so given the age it may not be worth the repair but that's up to yourself.
So as this fridge is a static appliance ie not frost free then it only has a thermostat and a compressor so as the freezer is running this isn't going to be a thermostat. It can only be the compressor at fault here.
Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try and find a fridge engineer and go from there. Thanks.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries your welcome.
As I said a compressor isn't cheap and give the fridge is a 2005 model its an expensive fix for an older model.