Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Bosch SGS43T82G Dishwasher. No problem in over 4 years.

Customer Question

I have a Bosch SGS43T82G Dishwasher. No problem in over 4 years. Today the 'check water' sign came on. Water left in the bottom!! Scooped it out and removed filter. Cant find anything major. Tried plunger, water still filling the hole. What else can I try please.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - does the pump run continuously ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pump was not running when I found the lights on. It was as if the programme had finished. The contents of the dishwasher were clean and nearly dry.
But you still had water in the bottom of the dishwasher Yes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I scooped it all out apart from the water in the filter hole
OK this is an old engineers trick which may or may not work but is always worth a try, get a kettle of boiling water and with the metal filter removed pour it in the sump (ie the bit below the filters) put the filters back on and leave it for five minutes. Then put the appliance on a prewash and tell me what happens - we are looking for the water to be pumped out at the start, followed by fill followed by wash action.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not hear the pump at all. The dishwasher is now full of water again. Could the pump have gone?
Yes - are you happy to use some handtools and I will take you through the repair?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to visit my dad in hospital this afternoon. Could we do this tomorrow?? Please let me know what tools I need
OK you may need to purchase a Torx T20 screwdriver. Other than that you should be OK. Tomorrow is fine ping me on here when you are around - Ian
OK I have your telephone number but before we start I need you to copy and paste a diagram in to your browser. I need the full ENr not the part one you have given - SGS43T82G there should be a B after the G followed by an / and then two numbers. Can you let me have these please.
Two numbers as agreed --
Robbie Townsend on 07806 854244
***** ***** on 0208(###) ###-####
both are able to do this repair.
Kind Regards ***** *****