Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

One of the gas jets on the hob of my Rangemaster

One of the gas jets on the hob of my Rangemaster Professional range seems to be blocked. Can I just unscrew it to take it off?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Yes - then either replace or clean it. Check for leaks after replacement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. The gas jet is on the wok burner and points sideways (I think there are two gas jets) so it has to be removed by unscrewing. Is this as simple as it sounds or is there something else I need to know?
If you can let me have the model number I'll have a quick check on the manual and confirm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know the model number but it is a Rangemaster Professional 100.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually a Rangemaster Professional +
No I need the model number that is only a range of appliances. It should be in the bottom right draw on a label if you have the pan draw.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No pan draw
Look Im not trying to be awkward here but my listing for the Pro+ has in excess or 30 different models. Without a specific model number I cant give you clear information on your process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
prof plus 100 fsd dual fuel st st/chr
ser number 9259 001068
Excellent - let me have a look and see thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you managed to find the answer?
Yes in a round about fashion because Rangemaster do not release the details. What I have gleaned is that in you case there are two jets which are unscrewable, one is the outer and one the inner both are different sizes. My colleges that work on these suggest that it is better to get a specific reamer kit and unblock rather than replace but if you need to replace to note that there are two versions of this model which is serial number dependent. The cost of the jets is only a couple of pounds each. So in the round, do it in situ if you can, if not replace the complete jet but have the model and serial number to hand.
In your case the model number is ***** 9259
serial - 001068
I hope that has been some help