Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a neff dishwasher I opened the dishwasher door in

Hi I have a neff dishwasher I opened the dishwasher door in the middle of a cycle and now I will not carry on its program , all it does is the pump keeps running it empty it . I have tried turning it off and on and resetting it. Can you help?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries- OK this is going to be a bit of a mess about can you use handtools.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I can use hand tools . Thanks for getting back to me
OK you need to take the kick panel off Im assuming its a built in as you havent posted the ENr -- before you start you will need a Torx T20 screwdriver together with normal diy stuff.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok done that thanks Rob
OK you need to lower the door to it maximum and you will see a metal plate behind it at the kickstrip level held in place by either 2 or 4 (two right behind the door) T20 screws. You need to remove these and then remove the plate forward and out of the way. Then come back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that is done
If you remove the insulation with the power off you will likely see some water in the base of the appliance. With a towel or paper towel mop up this water. Once it is all mopped up try a prewash with the appliance and let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I put my fingers over the white plastic that the metel plate was on I can feel water at the base , do I need to pull the dishwasher out to try and clean it up .
No make sure the power is off and push a towel in until you get it all mopped up might take you a couple of goes or more
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian I have dried it out put it on a pre wash so , so good. ūüĎć will get back to you in a bit Thanks Rob
OK no worries Im around until about 11pm
How are you getting on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All good at the moment thanks for everything
Excellent - would you now kindly rate the information & help given by using the star rating system at the top of the page. Once done you can come back to me at any time for further advice. Thank You for using JA and have a great evening - Ian