George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Zanussi washing machine is faulty. The cycle starts for

Hi my Zanussi washing machine is faulty. The cycle starts for a few seconds, makes a click sound and then just gets stuck and doesn't continue. The start/pause button flashes on and off
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you let me know the model or product code of the appliance.. This will be on a label inside the door opening
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George.
The product number is ###-##-####00
The Model number is: ZWD1227OW
Can you first check that the Start button is not stuck in and putting the appliance on pause please
Also, is the Start button flashing Red or Green?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI The start button isn't stuck in and it's flashing green
Can the door be opened at the point of the Start button flashing Green?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it can't
Can you hear any light buzzing sounds?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Please follow the instruction below and let me know what you find:
It is possible to display the last three memorised alarms in the FLASH memory of the electronic board:
1. Switch off the appliance.
2. Press and hold down START/PAUSE button and the nearest option button.
3. Holding down both buttons, switch the appliance on by turning the programme selector by one position clockwise.
4. Continue to hold down the buttons till the LEDs and the symbols begin to flash (at least 2 seconds).
In the first position, the operation of the buttons and the relative LEDs is checked; turning the selector knob clockwise the diagnostics cycle for the operation of the various components and the alarm reading is activated.
5. Turn the programme selector clockwise to the tenth position. The last alarm is displayed. To display the previous alarms, press sequentially the left button of the START/PAUSE button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I'll try all this now and get back to you
OK thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did all that but as I rotated clockwise each program tried to start up so I switched it off and went straight to the program I wanted which was wool. It seems to be working now! Thank you so much! Kate :) :)
You are very welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear ***** I have a problem with the machine again. I did what we did before but it's not working this time
Hello Kate, I am sorry that you are having a problem with your appliance again...
What is the issue you are having this time round?
Following the previous fault, you neglected to rate the assistance I gave you; for this reason, unless you rate that assistance using the star rating system above, I am reluctant to assist you again.
regards
George
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George. Thanks for reply. That was on Friday I wrote. I'm not in my flat at the moment and am out of London. Could we perhaps continue this tomorrow any time up til 14.30? Unless you're 24 hrs service. Thanks. K
I will be available at some point tomorrow, whereby I can explain to you how JustAnswer works.
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks George