George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an indsesit iwb5113 washing machine when turned

Customer Question

Hello i have an indsesit iwb5113 washing machine when turned on the water and powder in for a few seconds goes on it sounds like it is going through the cycle but nothing happens the red light is on i have cleaned out all pipes and the filter but still nothing happens please help
Debby
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you tell me which lights are flashing
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
when i put the machine on say on cycle one you have a red door light on all the time
Is the door light on static or flashing?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
static
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
also the on off button dont work you can only turn off by the plug
If you say it sounds like it is operating, can you check that the belt is still on at the back of the appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes the belt is still on it only makes the sounds for a few seconds and the sound is the circuit board changing
So, you are saying that it switches on ok, the door locks, the tub fills with water and soap, then nothing happens.. is that correct?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes thats correct then you can hear the circuit board doing something then nothing
Then can you have someone check the brushes in the motor
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I WILL HAVE TOO DO THAT HOW DO I DO IT PLEASE
Turn off the appliance and unplug it from the wall
Remove the rear panel
Remove the cables attached to the motor
Remove the belt
Remove the bolts that attach the motor to the tub
Remove the motor from the tub
Unscrew the brushes from the motor
If less than 10mm in length replace them
Clean the commutator on the motor before replacing the brushes.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
THIS IS ALL TOO MUCH FOR ME TO DO ON MY OWN IS IT ANYTHING ELSE IT COULD BE OR I COULD TRY AND WHERE WOULD I GET BRUSHES FROM IF IT IS THEM
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also is it safe for me too be doing all this .???
First thing is to check the condition of those brushes.. Once checked, if they need changing then you can come to me and I can advise you of where to buy the parts..
It is always advisable to source help to do these tasks but anyone could complete them if they are competent.
It is safe to do this.. There is nothing dangerous providing you act responsibly by turning off the appliance and wearing gloves to protect your hands.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i will get back too you in a little while as while trying too do this the pipe came out and has flooded the fllor because the drum was full of water and i dont want too be touching inside the back of the machine with wet hands or floor getbback too you soon
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok i have the motor out now what do the brushes look like and where will i find them
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what do the brushes look like for me too check them
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok been on the internet and found out what brushes look like
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HELLO ANYONE THERE
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
THE BRUSHES ARE LONGER THEN 10MM WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE PLEASE
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello have you any ideas what else it could be please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello anyone there am i inb line waiting can someone tell me anything please
Sorry, I lost my internet connection..
Put the appliance into spin/drain mode to see if the pump & motor are working then...
regards
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello lost you and wasnt able too get you back till now very dissapointed with the service and time it took you too get back too me i have now purchased a new washer as i needed one when i started this conversation with you i didnt think you would be asking me too take my whole washing machine too pieces and then have too rebuild it i feel cheated by the amount of time inbetween messages as ppl dont have all day too just sit waiting for you too get back too them with a washing machine in pieces in the kitchen with kids and animals and dinner too cook
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i would like a full refund as service was poor and problem unresolved as took far too long in betwween massages back and fourth .Debby .
Excuse me.. Whilst I do have sympathy for your situation, I do not beleive that the system is to blame in this instance..
The faulted connection happened when I asked you to check the brushes of the motor, you disappeared for 16 mins then came to say that you had remove a hose and flooded the kitchen and disappeared for a further 21 mins... I have a lot of patience waiting for people that need assistance and can describe their problems correctly.. To quote you: "ppl dont have all day too just sit waiting for you too get back too them". I do ask when first responding "Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available." I also have a job to do and also a life to live. Had you not disappeared yourself, then you would not have lost me.
Description of fault
You say the appliance leaked all over the floor because there was water still in the appliance.. When you first came on for assistance you said "i have cleaned out all pipes and the filter".. that means there was no water in the appliance.. hence the first thing to check would be the motor... Had you stated that the appliance now had water in it then the priority would have changed and I would have had you check the pump first.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I Had too go too work and had previously checked all the pipes and new it wasnt them before contacting so that is how i new there was no blockage in them
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i also had too and find tools you are asking someone who does;nt know what a washing machine pump looks like or brushes thats why i took me so long i.m a 55 year old women on her own with no man in thew house too help so this was very alien too me and never imagined i would my washing machine in pieces .Debby
If as you had done as you said "i have cleaned out all pipes and the filter", then there would be no water in the appliance since removing the filter to check it would release all the water from the appliance.
I talk many people through their appliance problems and spend a great deal of time making sure that they do it correctly, and safely. I, as well as some other experts, do this by chatting back and forth and going through step by step checks. We do not take shortcuts as this compromises safety.
Once you returned from being away for approx 40 mins and after trying you found that I was not there you could have just awaited my return.
After I initially had spent 40 mins chasing a problem relating to your description of your fault, before you then told me that you had flooded the floor due to your description being wrong, you then decided to say that I had given "poor service"; I find that slightly wrong.