Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Dishwasher light flashes on and off causing dishwasher to

dishwasher light flashes on and off causing dishwasher to stop working. BUSH dishwasher MODEL WV12-75DW. Have tried turning power off at breaker as suggested but fault still occurs.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me if the led flashes in a sequence, ie 3 flashes and then a gap, followed by three flashes and a gap? If so can you tell me the number of flashes please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, three flashes then a gap followed by three flashes then a gap
OK hang on.
OK that comes up with nothing conclusive so we will have to do it the old fashioned way. Can you pull out the dishwasher and put towels behind the back and tip it to 45 degrees backwards - does water come out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done but no water has come out
OK can you put the appliance on its hottest wash and run it confirming that it is heating the water, this will take about 30 mins or so. Can you also tell me how many leds you have across the top of the appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done, water heating ok
OK is the circulating pump pumping the water around?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
OK to reiterate, it fills up with water, heats the water, circulates the water and drains the water?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it seems to be working on the hottest wash but I have not checked other wash cycles yet.
OK, I think for whatever reason the flood protection device was activated in the base. When we tipped it over to 45 degrees this reset and everything is back and working. If it does it again you have a leak into the base which you will have to find and rectify. This range of Chinese built appliances are notorious for leaking so keep a close eye on it during the next few washes.
Would you know kindly rate the help/information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Once done all further questions are free of charge and just log on and the call will be passed to me. Thank you for using JA and have a great evening - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks for the help.