Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My washing machine wont drain and I have two small items missing

Customer Question

My washing machine wont drain and I have two small items missing so suspect the pump is blocked how do I access the pump and check? Top loader 3RLSQ8033
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - give me a moment and I'll have a look see what I have to hand.
OK are you good to go?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happy to type
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there??
If you unplug the appliance and then tip the appliance backwards you will see the pump attached to the motor - it looks like this -- copy and paste this link in to your browser. -- http://www.espares.co.uk/product/es186852/washing-machine-pump?pageNumber=1&PartTypeId=1563&ManufacturerId=278
or this depending upon version
http://www.espares.co.uk/product/es700127/washing-machine-draining-pump?pageNumber=1&PartTypeId=1563&ManufacturerId=278
It is just clipped in place with two/sometimes 3 clips and is connected to two pipes. Remove the two clips and the pump lifts off. Once you have got it off you should be able to remove whatever small items have been lost. Once you have removed the blockage reassemble and check for leaks and you should be good to go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will give it a go
OK come back to me with your results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do but it wont be until after the weekend as we have a problem accessing the bottom of the machine in the space available without dismantling the utility room which we can't do until Monday......
OK no worries, I'll be around somewhere.