Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My daughter has an AEG ELECTROLUX LAVATHERM 56740 condensing

Hi, my daughter has an AEG ELECTROLUX LAVATHERM 56740 condensing dryer which keeps cutting out.
It runs for a while and then cuts out leaving a blank display (no error code)
after a few minutes it can be switched on again but the problem re-occurs.
I have stripped and cleaned the complete machine but problem persists, can you advise please
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If its cutting out like this with the display going off then its either the power supply to the dryer or the main control board itself.
Now sure if you have tried this but if not run the dryer from another plug socket and see how it goes. As if you have a faulty socket sometimes they break down during use as they draw quite a bit of current.
But if you have tried that and the power supply is fine to the dryer then the control board itself will be the fault here.
Now this is quite common for them to fail like this as ive replaced a lot in the past for this fault. So in this case the control board will need to be replaced and that will sort it from there.
So try that and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice, I have checked the power supply by using a different socket on a different circuit and problem still occurs.
I have now removed the pcb and inspected it and there are no visible faults.
I have located a pcb on ebay which although the numbers don't match the pcb looks identical, would this pcb be ok to buy or could it be programmed for a different machine ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I was offline yesterday. If the supply is fine then it will be the control board. As to the one you have found then all the controls boards for these look the same but its the programming that's different. So unless its from the same model then its probberly wont work.It has to be the correct board im afraid for it to work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply, I have tried to locate a replacement pcb but can only find new ones at approx £160 which seems very expensive.
I have seen a couple of tutorials on google showing repairs to the pcb (Mainly replacing a link switch & a resistor)
There is also a company on ebay who test / repair the boards for £35
I don't fancy paying £160 only to find that the fault is caused by something else in the machine and it either does not work or reoccurs, what would be your advice ?
Thank you again and I will fill in the rating email now.
Martin