Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Optimyst fire has stopped working. The fan which blows the

My Optimyst fire has stopped working. The fan which blows the water vapour over the lights won't work even after buying a new fan. Have you any ideas?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Im sorry to hear that, what you need is a new main control board.There is a relay on that board that fails causing this.That will fix this problem and also make the unit much more reliable;-) , I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day and a Happy Safe New Year!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your reply. I have had a look at the fire . There are 2 PC boards inside. Only one is listed as a spare part and I am reluctant to spend nearly £80 without being sure which will deal with the problem. I've already had the mist unit checked and bought a new fan. Could the relay on the board be renewed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please see my second message sent on 1st. Then reply to that. Thanks, Gordon.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gordon, it could be done but you would need someone with technical experience to do this without messing up the relays coil or contacts. Other wise, you need the board with the relay replaced;-) Hope That helps?Let me know, I know they are expensive ;-(In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)But it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise in this field.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day Gordon!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. If you give an answer on which of the 2 boards is the main control board I can decide whether to attempt a repair or bite the bullet and pay for a new pcb or sell the whole fire for spares. Then I'll rate your answer. Thanks, Gordon.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gordon, The main controller has the switches and all the peripherals running wires to it;-)Also it has the largest Ic's on it.Hope that helps? If not let me know.Thanks Gordon, have a great day. I will still be here for you if you need me no cost after you rate.Tech Michael