Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have an AEG washer dryer 14850. Following a power cut today

We have an AEG washer dryer 14850. Following a power cut today the washing machine has stopped working - there is no sign of anything happening. I have checked the fuse in the plug and checked that there is power coming into the washing machine. I assume that a power surge has overloaded something - would you know which part this is so that I can order a new one without having to get an engineer out?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If theres no power to the display and the power supply to the washer is fine then its either the small dryer board at fault or the main power board.
To be honest most of the time its the main control board that causes this but what you can do first is remove the top and look behind the front control board.
There you will see a small square board. This is the dryer board.
On there you will see a small red wiring harness on there going to the main board which is just behind the dryer board.
Disconnect that red wiring block on the dryer board and turn the washer back on. If it all lights up then the dryer board is the fault and will need to be replaced.
But if after removing that wiring block on there it still isn't coming on then the main control board will be the fault and will need to be replaced.
Try that and see what you find as the fault will be one of them.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - I have done as you suggested and disconnected the dryer board and turned the machine back on and there is no change so I guess I will need to order a new main board. Please can you advise me what to buy and from where and any hints as to how to replace the board minimising the risk of any damage, thank you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the full product number (pnc) from the sticker on the inside of the door. It will start with a 9.
Then I can get the correct part number for you.
As to fitting I will see if I have the service manual and if so will upload it for you as it will show you how to replace it from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
###-##-####followed by 01
Just in case it helps, Mod. L14850 Type HI054324, Ser No. 044 00047Thanks Daniel T, I did not expect to get an answer as precise as yours.Any advice as to how to change the board over would be appriciated - I intend to take a photo first, then it looks like I need to take the top supporting strut off the machine and it then looks like a few screws will allow the board to be removed?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome for the help, That's why im here. The part number for the control board for your washer is 973914605312011This is for the programmed version so is a straight forward swap over. You can get it direct from AEG themselves as its a bit cheaper from them rather then the online web sites. As to fitting ive attached the service manual for you. It covers several models but removing the board is pretty much the same on them all. Scroll down towards the bottom and it shows pictures how to remove it from there. Regards
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hope you can get the manual from the link above, If not then just get back to me.