Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Zanussi Fridge/Freezer is working intermittently. Working

My Zanussi Fridge/Freezer is working intermittently. Working normally then later no lights or motor sound. Comes back on again within 1-2 hours so not been off long enough to defrost food in freezer. What could be causing this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Forgot to mention this fridge/freezer is coming up to 10 years old and has had no previous problems.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - would you kindly let me have the pnc or product code please - it will be stuck on a label on the side inside the fridge or behind the salad draw.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is an NR.Pro number which is###-##-#### ***** ***** what you need?
Yes thanks that spot on - give me a minute.
OK how handy are you with tools?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not too bad
OK this is a last ditch attempt - my feeling is that your appliance is having problems with its automatic defrost system. What it is doing is defrosting the system but failing to come back on afterwards. The total control of the operation is controlled by two pcbs one in the facia and the other down the back, together they will cost £200 so firstly we need to get access to the facia board and just remove and replace the connectors one at a time to check you havent got a connection problem. Once you have done this its into the motor space and do the same to the pcb that is housed on the left hand side of the motor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There do not seem to be any loose connections, however it switched off overnight and has not come back on at all this time. Given the age of the appliance I have decided to cut my losses and visit the sales! Thanks for your help anyway.