Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My hoover washer dryer wd9616c-80 door wont open

Customer Question

my hoover washer dryer wd9616c-80 door wont open
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to your queries OK I need you to disconnect the appliance from the mains ie pull the plug out and then try it again after 10 minutes. Once you have the results come back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no joy.
OK does the door handle feel OK, ie its not broken off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
door handle is fine the latch just wont click off. Its feels like when you try to open it before the latch clicks off at the end of its cycle.
OK what has happened is that the door lock (called and interlock) has broken and locked solid. How handy are you with hand tools as you will have to take the top off and break the interlock off from the inside of the machine ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would say medium how do I go about this? What's the average cost if I have to call someone out please?
If you call someone out you should expect to pay around £50 for the labour plus the cost of the part which is around £15 so approximately £65. The repair is more fiddly than technically challenging and I can take you through it stage by stage if you wish?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please if you tell me what I need to do ill just take my time and do it. If I get stuck then ill have to use option 2 Thanks.
OK first thing you have to do is unplug the appliance and then remove the three bolts on the back that hold the top on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done. Next please
Unplug the appliance - and with a torch look down the front and you will see where the hook comes through the front panel. If you can get your hand down and try and push it sideways to pop the door open. If it wont move then come back to me - be careful its sharp down the front.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry I got to shoot off to work what if that don't work what do I do please im gonna play around with it after work but need this info and submit the payment. Thank you
OK I'm here until 11pm come back to me when you are back and we can finish off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks will do.
see you then