Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a candy CDI 1012B /80 , the dishwasher halts

hello , I have a candy CDI 1012B /80 , the dishwasher halts a cycle after some time could be an hour even when it stops it beeps a lot of times more than usual and leaves led's P1, P2 and P3 on this is the first 3 from the left of a row of 5 , there seems to be water entering the washer and water seems to drain at some point , but haven't seen any hot water or steam in the inside , I have cleaned the filters and removed the motor from the filter housing nothing there , and water is flowing through the drain hose . does the light sequence give an error code if so what does it mean , I'm happy to replace any parts I just don't know which are needed if any , thanks andrew
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - sounds like a classic heater failure problem. Can you use and do you have access to a multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello ive just read the resistance over the heater terminals and get 29.6 ohms , if that helps
Have you got a beeper on the multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
OK you should have continuity through the two thermal cut out that are on the side of the tube heater, check those first, then check that the elements is intact by putting them across those. You likely will get either one beep or a long beep.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello ian , not sure what you mean exactly re (2 thermal cut outs) I have 2 terminals with power leads on them and they goto the 2 element connectors , so all I can read is the resistance from the 2 elements which oesnt give me a beep just another reading of 29.6 ohms instead of a beep , thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
heres a picture of it thanks
The heater resistance should be around 26 ohms so 29 not out of the way but equally if it has a pinhole in the outer case you would get water conducting the meter voltage as it test for resistance. I need you to connect the two ends of you meter to the terminals you took off the heater and then put the dishwasher on a hot was and see if you are getting a 220/240 voltage after a short period of time. Make sure you have the terminals insulated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok ian I will do that.can I carry on with this tomorrow or next day.as I have to go out now thanks
ok speak to you tomorrow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again ian, I've checked for voltage at the heater terminals throughout a cycle didn't get any readings, i then removed the door to access the. Pcb the wires to heater beep through ok so ran a rapid cycle through again and still got no voltage at the heater terminals on the pcb.
OK if the dishwasher is filling correctly with water and you put it on a hot wash and still get no voltage across the heater connections at the pcb then Im afraid the pcb is faulty. You could check and see if one of the relays had melted or burned out but other than that its a replacement board.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks ian for your help, I'll will leave rating now