Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a Panasonic fridge-freezer type NR-B30SG1-WB. From

Customer Question

We have a Panasonic fridge-freezer type NR-B30SG1-WB. From time to time the fridge setting jumps from 2 to 7 degrees. The other two settings also increase but by a smaller margin.
We have tried unloading the fridge completely, defrosting it and leaving it for 24 hours before restarting. This does not cure the problem. Is this an inverter problem, a control unit problem or a compressor problem ? Any suggestions ?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - off the top of my head without digging out the manual - it is going into defrost mode, during which time heaters are switched on within the cooling cavities to defrost ice on the evaporator (heat exchanger). This briefly increases the air temperature whilst this is happening but not enough to increase the temperature of the product. As the sensors are measuring air temperature they react accordingly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The temperature of food inside the fridge, e.g. milk, is increased when this happens - the heaters must therefore be staying on too long. This begs the question of what puts the fridge into defrost mode also of how do we reset it ? At the moment it relies on someone noticing the elevated temperature and getting the compressor to come on using the set point control on the fridge door.
OK in that case you will need what is called a defrost termination stat or sensor. I can't give you much information as I have no information covering that model. I will therefore opt out of the question and perhaps one of my colleges will know more.
Can you just check that model number as that model is not listed on the Panasonic website either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have NR-B30FG1-WB, although the second group could be B30SG1. In the past I have found the Panasonic web site a bit lacking in technical information.If it's any help we have two of these fridge freezers and the other one behaves itself.Regards.
Thank you the original model number that you gave me was wrong which is why I couldnt find it. Leave it a while and I will come back to you, my computer with all my technical manuals is currently being updated to Windows 10 which will take a couple of hours or so. Thanks for the corrected information.