George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an Indesit Dishwasher, type DIF 04 UK. It draws water

Customer Question

I have an Indesit Dishwasher, type DIF 04 UK. It draws water into the system, heats it up but fails to squirt the water through the sprayer arms during the wash cycle. It then empties the washer and signals a failure with first and third lights flashing on the control panel. I have removed the side panels, I can see the water entering the machine. I noted that the filters were clogged with a slimy substance, which I have cleaned off. I have emotied a kettle full of boiing water into the base, allowed this to permeate the pump area and then allowed the machine to drain, but this has not cured the problem.
!. Is it possible for me to get a parts diagram for this machine?
2. What is the cause of the spray arm failure and what can I do to fix this problem?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
There are no parts diagrams available for this product.
The problem being indicated by the fault code is with the Pressure Switch..
there are two different Pressure switches for this model and the Pressure switch you need will depend on the serial number of your appliance.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Contact details as requested are below: