Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an insinkerator HC 1100 it was working fine but then

I have an insinkerator HC 1100 it was working fine but then started spitting steam and now does not heat water. Do you know why?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to your queries - when you have a moment copy and paste this link in to you browser and watch it, once you have watched it reload and pause at the 36 second point and come back to me - Ian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKBG9yLrceg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ian I've watched but the issue is it's not heating not it's leaking. Also the tank is different as it's a new HC1100
Understand that if you look at the video you will see at second 36 if you pause it a button cut out in the middle (black round thing) with two wires coming off it. You need to check that you have continuity through it. The video was attached so that you could see what the cut out looked like not to reflect the shown leak. You tank may infact be slightly different but the cut off will be the same. As you will be aware Insink don't supply spares for these they just expect you to exchange them. Find the cut off, check its continuity and come back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiIt all looks in order
I'm afraid looking will not tell you if it is working, you really need a multimeter to check if power is going through it or even if power is getting to the heater assembly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok my nephew is an electrician maybe he can check
That sounds like a plan - come back to me if you need further help, but in the meantime would you kindly rate the information given sofar, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank You for using JA and have a great weekend -- Ian