Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Dishwasher wont power on

Dishwasher wont power on
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - do you have any means of testing if you have power in to the appliance ie a multimeter or voltage tester?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
OK can you give me the full ENr which is lazer etched in the top of the inner stainless steel door - then I can have a look at the specs.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
SGS57E02GB/47
OK can I assume at this point that you have no power to the appliance but that you have checked both the wall socket and the fuse is good?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. It was working fine yesterday. Supply good, fuse good. I am elect eng and can usually repair basic problems.
Excellent, OK its basically about finding where you have power and where you dont, first thing I need you to do is take off the top and the right hand side as you look at it from the front. The top is a sod of a job, its a case of pushing up to clips, one to the right one to the left on the back of the top and then bashing the front so that the top can slide back and lift off. This is the later model the earlier uses two T20 screws and just slides back and off. Come back to me when you get it off.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Now have panel off and access to the electronics,
. Now we are going out to lunch so will resume later today or tomorrow.
OK catch up with me later, I too will be breaking for lunch between 130 and 230 so see you later.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ian. No evidence of power reaching on off switch. Schematic would be handy. Any ideas?
Schematic ~ as rare as hens teeth, have you still got the right hand side panel off?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Whole top panel is accessible but no obvious way to remove electrics cover.
I need you to remove the right hand side side panel as requested in my post to you yesterday at 1155. We need to check that the mains suppressor has not burnt out - its very common on these appliances.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Regret currently unable to remove unit from under counter top to access right panel.
Will advise when accessible.
Thanks. Bob
OK no worries let me know when you have it out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Now have dishwasher out with RHS panel removed. No visible damage.
OK can you confirm that you have 220-240v AC at the outlet of the mains suppressor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unable to access connectors as they are on the other side. Need to remove the cable entry/ mains suppressor plate which needs to be prised off from the back. Any advice as I dont wont to break it? It seems a common issue.
From the inside you have to fiddle with the locking clips, but if you break them its not the end of the world. I guess I break them off two out of three times and then just zip tie the cable in place at the back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have 240v at output. Trick is to slide the cable unit sideways from the right. Needs a clout !
Its usually the clout that breaks it with me - OK you have to follow the input cables under the appliance and they should head up towards the door, you will have to take the outer door off by removing the screws on the inside. take care its abit of a fiddle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Control panel off, can measure 240v at brown and blue wires at back of on off switch. No lights on.
OK if you switch it on do you have 240 volts at other side of switch?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have 240v on other side of switch and door interlock, there is 240v at electrronics module connector.
OK power off now and take out the electronic module and see if you can see any burn marks on it or the connectors. If you have power going through the on/off then through the door switch to the module then from what you have done sofar it looks like you have a defective pcb.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No burn marks on connectors. Any hints on how to remove the box and cover.
It just clips together, bit of a pain but it does come apart.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have front control panel fully disconnected but still cant find away to remove control box or cover without destrying it?
Copy and past the following in to your browser -
http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/spareparts/Freestandingdishwasher/SGS57E02GB/47
then 'spare parts list and diagrams' page 1 shows how it goes together.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just a note to thank you for your advice and am happy to recommend. Given the age of the dishwasher and the anticipated high cost to fix, we have now decided to replace. Currently looking at a slimline Beko as we have avery limited space.
With best regards. Bob
yes not bad little machines from Beko and at least you know that Beko make them. Have fun and thanks for the rating - Ian