Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Door locking latch broken

Customer Question

Door locking latch broken
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number of the washer please. Its usually printed on the front plastic control panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just says bosch logixx vario perfect.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the picture, This helps a bit as I know what type of door you have now.
What you can try is get a piece or string and feed it into the door gap at the top and then start to feed it around the door till the string is nearly opposite the handle and then pull both ends of the string and this should pull the door pin and allow the door to open from there.
Or if you have a small flat screwdriver then get a tee towel and place this against the front of the washer were the handle is.
Now get the screwdriver and insert it between the door handle and the cabinet with the towel over it to protect the paint work.
Place the screwdriver in the middle and push down as you should be able to feel for the metal door pin.
Once you have it use the screwdriver and push down against the door pin and that will open the door from there.
Once that's open you will be able to replace the door handle from there.
Try that and see how it goes and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are a genius!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I have completed.
You saved my wife!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Nice one, glad to hear its sorted.